World Architecture News
This unique building takes its place in a strategic location in Nantes and draws on some significant architectural influences
As solving inner city housing issues continues to dominate the agenda for architects and housing professionals, WAN Urban Challenge Task Force members, Hamonic and Masson, unveil a striking project in the city of Nantes, France. Composed of curved angles and surrounded by undulating balconies, New’R pays homage to Oscar Niemeyer as well as to the architecture of the 1970s French Riviera, (André Minangoy and Michel Marot’s “Marina Baie des Anges”, for example) and finally the hedonistic fantasy of Miami Beach! Sensual and multi-directional, the building is located at a pivotal point between the ‘Mail Picasso’ and the new neighbourhood currently being developed alongside the rail infrastructure. Framing and capturing the existing location, New’R embraces the site and forms a new landscape. The building’s volume compliments
... read more
- The CTBUH audits tall timber buildings w ..
- One Vanderbilt heads for the sky in New ..
- Moving from A-to-Z
- From obselete to an icon
- Raising the roof with CLT
- RHP completes student accommodation in C ..
- London's V&A opens new quarter
- Hamonic and Masson follow the curve
- RIBA North opens in Liverpool
- High rise residents evacuated in Camden
- A multi-faceted destination
- Aedas breathes some fire into China
- Elevated elegance and simplicity
- Getting afloat on the Han River
- Towers within a Tower
- Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital compl ..
- Lagos rises to the occasion
- A community focus
- Planting a new neighbourhood
- A gateway to another culture