World Architecture News
Planning consent has been granted for Sheppard Robson's major residential development in Edinburgh
Architects Sheppard Robson has achieved planning consent for a 180-unit residential project which will reinvigorate a prominent brownfield site on the Water of Leith River in the north of Edinburgh. The Canonmills Garden development for client Artisan REI will address the adjacent green space and river whilst providing access through the site to The New Town. This has been achieved by configuring the development as four blocks set around a quiet garden square. This tranquil amenity space will provide access to the one, two and three-bedroom apartments as well as the maisonettes and townhouses in the development, which includes a 25% provision for veteran and affordable homes. Commenting on the project, Adam McGhee partner at Sheppard Robson, said: "We are delighted that our designs have been given the green go-ahead. The project has been designed to have two different characters:
... read more
- Reinterpreting the ranch
- JPA complete in Charlotte
- A trailblazing career in architecture
- An over-arching artwork
- Embracing the environment
- Sculpting a new studio
- Sky Park begins to rise
- UK Conservative Party focuses on better ..
- Sheppard Robson get the green-light in S ..
- Reading’s Thames tower unveiled
- Seoul’s new Skygarden
- Adding some shine in Thailand
- Goettsch Partners wins in Wuhan
- Hyperbamboo tops the CAMBOO Festival
- The Opus nears completion
- Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital compl ..
- Lagos rises to the occasion
- A community focus
- Planting a new neighbourhood
- A gateway to another culture