World Architecture News
Gottesman-Szmelcman Architecture use white fair-faced concrete to echo the existing topography and integrate this building's façade into the surrounding sand dunes
Gottesman-Szmelcman Architecture, the award-winning Israeli-Franco firm, unveils The Arsuf Residences, located in the gated coastal community of Arsuf, Israel, north of Tel Aviv. Nestled within a cliff overlooking the Mediterranean Sea adjacent to Apollonia National Park, the 10 private residences negotiate between the dramatic landscape of the coastal sand dunes and the built environment. A long planned development, The Arsuf Residences began over twenty years ago as an invited competition. The waterfront project by Gottesman-Szmelcman Architecture was designed to maximize sea views while leaving room for individual experimentation with the interior design of all 10 private residential units. The residences feature large western-facing terraces and cantilevered concrete caskets that define its form and allow expansive views of the Mediterranean Sea. Gottesman-Szmelcman Architec
... read more
- A sculpture for all seasons
- Manhattan comes to Toronto
- LaGuardia is flying high
- LMN Architects creates a gateway to educ ..
- A fruitful enterprise
- HOK’s skinny house makes the most of ava ..
- Studio RHE gets the go-ahead in dockland ..
- London’s eastward move continues
- London’s Mayor invests in ‘pocket living ..
- Big Ben’s chimes to fall silent
- A tropical treasure
- Hugging the coastline
- Three of a kind
- Bamboo raises the roof
- TV tower planned for Istanbul
- Nelson Mandela Children’s Hospital compl ..
- Lagos rises to the occasion
- A community focus
- Planting a new neighbourhood
- A gateway to another culture