World Architecture News
Benoy are set to deliver ‘bold new ideas and conceptual designs to push the boundaries’ of the UK’s global aviation gateway
After years of uncertainty London Heathrow Airport in the UK is expanding its capacity and Benoy has confirmed its appointment to the future redevelopment this week. The British design firm will join the team delivering the Commercial Masterplan for Heathrow’s ambitious expansion plans which will see it transformed into a next-generation, world-class airport. Supporting the Lead Architect, Grimshaw Architects, Benoy’s commercial masterplanning scope will be site-wide and consider enhancement opportunities across each of the terminal areas. Earlier in the year, Benoy was one of four British firms shortlisted by Heathrow, alongside Grimshaw, Zaha Hadid and HOK, to deliver bold new ideas and conceptual designs to push the boundary of what Heathrow could be as the country’s global aviation gateway. Speaking on behalf of Benoy, CEO Tom Cartledge commented, “We
... read more
- A multi-prism solution
- Ennead Architects break ground in Massac ..
- BIG plans for LA
- Lemay breaks ground in Quebec
- Diamond Schmitt redesigns Toronto’s Drak ..
- Dover sets sail for new horizons
- New London concert hall moves a step clo ..
- Benoy ready for take-off at Heathrow
- An experimental garden for a sustainable ..
- Foster + Partners aim high in Poland
- Aiming for excellence
- Aedas release plans for Shenzhen
- A sharp-eyed creation
- A home with a cutting edge
- A space where art and coffee combine
- A community focus
- Planting a new neighbourhood
- A gateway to another culture
- Crowdfunding used for Rwandan stadium
- Giving back to the community